Welcome to a new and candid series we’re calling Pinot with Pag and Panettieri. Brought to you by SolarWinds MSP, this video interview is a free flow conversation about the increasingly important role of the MSP and the market trends influencing and impacting business success.
Got a question for SolarWinds MSP President John Pagliuca and/or ChannelE2E Editor Joe Panettieri? Post it in the comment section below. We'll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation. Now, here's the conversation:Video link
In this edition we cover:
- 0:00 - Intros
- 0:48 - Today's first Pinot is...
- 3:10 - MSPs -- "We call them the Seekers..."
- 3:40 - The state of MSPs: Why John has a glass half full mindset.
- 5:02 - How the coronavirus pandemic forced MSPs to take action & transform.
- 6:45 - The MSP customer conversation.
- 7:20 - How MSP technology consumption evolved as the pandemic spread.
- 8:15 - Two years of digital transformation -- in two weeks.
- 9:10 -- Which technology paths will MSPs take forward? (UCaaS, security and more).
- 10:20 - Flexible workforce -- the trend that's here to stay, and what it means for MSPs that need to protect users.
- 11:58 - Pricing pressures, talent and expanded services: Where MSPs should focus next.
- 15:00 - How MSPs can measure customer experience (CX) and customer success.
- 19:30 - The top quartile of MSPs with high profit margins vs the rest of the IT solutions provider market: What's the difference -- and where does automation fits in?
- 23:31 - Pinot Number 2: The Crusher
- 25:30 - What technology vendor traits do MSPs value most?
- 30:42 - MSP mergers and acquisitions (M&A): Reality check, latest trends and where private equity can fit in.
- 33:55 - What MSPs should strive to achieve over the next three months: Set goals, revisit your mission and build a plan to achieve those goals.
- 36:33 - Conclusion.
Reminder: Post your questions or comments below, and we'll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation.