In this ChannelE2E Video Interview, Datto CEO Tim Weller sits down for an extensive discussion about the state of MSPs. The coronavirus pandemic and the resulting U.S. economic shutdown. Datto's key steps during the pandemic. The status of DattoCon Atlanta 2020. What partners should -- and shouldn't -- expect from technology suppliers. Earlier industry speculation about an IPO (initial public offering). And plenty more.
Below is a complete on-the-record interview with no edits. Indeed, Weller shares extensive perspectives and advice for MSPs in this detailed conversation. A minute-by-minute breakdown of what we covered is listed further below.Video link
Key points covered:
- 0:00 - Intros
- 0:52 - Rewind to January-February 2020: How the MSP market was performing -- and how Datto was performing.
- 3:00 - March 2020: The pandemic hits the U.S. economy. Datto's first moves.
- 07:03 - Datto around the world: Was the company's pandemic plan regional or global?
- 08:49 - April 2020: The MSP business changes Weller witnessed, and the moves Datto implemented to assist MSP partners.
- 12:45 - Peak Uncertainty, Anxiety Arrives for MSPs: How MSPs navigated highest-stress days.
- 14:36 - Helping the Ecosystem: How much and what should technology companies do for their channel partners & MSPs during a business or economic crisis?
- 17:58 - Serve your best customers best and first.
- 21:00 - Are MSPs permanently changed by the pandemic?
- 25:21 - What Weller is hearing on a country by country, region by region basis.
- 27:08 - The coming lift in MSP revenue. What's involved.
- 31:20 - Datto's own financial plans and status: Is the company -- or was the company -- planning an IPO?
- 34:54 - What's the status of DattoCon 2020 Atlanta and face-to-face events.
- 37:14 - Top Takeaways for MSPs.
- 46:03 - Conclusion.
Note: Recorded April 30, 2020.