EMC Americas: Partner Momentum, Unity Storage Discounts
EMC Corp.‘s channel partner program has major momentum in the Americas, and the company will aim to accelerate that momentum with special Unity storage launch promotions, according to Scott Millard, EMC’s VP of Americas Channels Sales.
During a session at EMC Global Partner Summit 2016 (co-hosted at EMC World 2016), Millard pointed to EMC Americas partner program milestones before turning his attention to Unity. Among the data points he shared:
- The EMC partner program, overhauled in 2015, was 22 percent more profitable for partners than the old program.
- An EMC True Loyalty partner perk will be expanding to Latin America this year.
- Roughly 58 percent of EMC’s Americas revenues were partner-led in 2015, up 2 points from 2014. In Q1 2016, the figure rose another 6 percent.
- The VCE channel business in the Americas was up 35 percent year over year in Q1, and 85 percent of the business was partner-led.
- The VxRail hyper-converged business has been incredibly strong, with 94 percent of deals being channel-led.
- Millard pointed to Frank Rauch, VP Americas Partner Organization at VMware, when mentioning the VxRail momentum.
- Overall, the EMC Americas business is 70 percent indirect if you include service providers in the figures, Millard said.
EMC Unity Launch Discounts for Partners
Shifting gears to new opportunities, Millard pointed to a range of discounts that partners can earn when they promote Unity storage systems.
The discounts include:
- 10 percent discount for deal registration.
- 10 percent discount for incremental deal.
- 25 percent for all-flash deals.
“That’s potentially 45 percent off,” Millard told the audience. “And Unity was built for the channel.”
Track all of ChannelE2E’s EMC World 2016 coverage here.