Cohesity Marketplace: App Store Meets Cloud Secondary Storage
Cohesity, the rapidly expanding secondary storage provider, has unveiled a new app store.
The Cohesity Marketplace allows partners and customers to access third-party applications — and then run those applications directly on the Cohesity DataPlatform. Among the potential benefits:
1. Extracting Business Insights: In a traditional scenario, enterprises often copy their backup data and move into analytical applications that use a separate infrastructure. That approach, according to Cohesity, can produce inferior analytical results.
The Cohesity approach, meanwhile, brings together secondary storage — like backups and unstructured data — along with their associated workflows. Companies can therefore run the applications directly on the same platform that houses their data, potentially gaining additional insights that may otherwise prove illusive, the firm assets.
2. Increasing efficiencies while reducing costs: Running the apps directly on the same platform eliminates cost & administrative redundancies.
3. Increasing visibility and data compliance: Customers gain increased insights into their data because the apps are able to look holistically across all of their backup and unstructured data, the company asserts.
The company also announced a software developer kit (SDK) as part of a new Cohesity Developer Portal. The service provides APIs, documentation, and tools to help businesses and independent developers build custom apps to address specific customer needs.
Cohesity’s Partner Program, Business Growth
Cohesity expanded partner program in October 2018, introducing new perks for cloud and managed service providers. The service also introduced financial incentives for partners working with large accounts.
The company has been growing rapidly.
- Revenues jumped 300 percent in the company’s fiscal year 2018, which closed July 31, 2018.
- The annual revenue run rate is now $200 million, up from $100 million only two quarters earlier.
- Eighty-one percent of Cohesity’s partners grew their business with the company more than 100 percent in the fiscal year 2018, while 75 percent of partners grew their business by more than 200 percent.
- Cohesity also remains 100 percent channel focused, the company asserts.
Data Protection Rivals
Still, a lengthy list of rivals are making their own business moves. Key moves over the past year include:
- Druva extended its data protection capabilities to Salesforce environments.
- StorageCraft, for instance, unveiled its own overall storage and data protection strategy as well as a new partner program in mid- to late-2018.
- Rubrik, which is mulling a potential IPO (initial public offering), launched its first global partner program for resellers in October 2018.
- Veeam boosted its partner program ahead of the company’s Veeam19 conference.