5 Channel Partner & MSP News Updates for 17 May 2023
Veritas updates partner program; Pax8 honored; Zoom invests in AI startup; Zscaler gets new tech boss; ScanSource ransomware attack
Credit: Getty Images
Happy Wednesday. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on May 17, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Updated channel program: Secure multi-cloud data management company Veritas Technologies has updated its partner program last month with enhanced rewards for cloud-based deals and a simplified transaction process, in addition to new training and accreditation programs. The changes are designed to accelerate partners’ transition to the cloud.
- Best Managed honors: MSP cloud marketplace company Pax8 has been selected as a 2023 U.S. Best Managed Company by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal in a program that recognizes outstanding U.S. private companies and the achievement of their management teams. A panel of independent judges evaluated companies on their excellence in four key areas – strategy, ability to execute, corporate culture, and governance/financial performance. Out of these 500 U.S. applicants, only 56 companies from the U.S. were selected.
- AI for video conferencing: Zoom has invested in AI startup Anthropic and will incorporate the company’s technology into its video-conferencing platform. The collaboration calls for Anthropic’s Claude to be incorporated into its platform. Claude is a large language model that competes with Microsoft-backed OpenAI.
- New tech boss: Cloud security company Zscaler has appointed fomer Salesforce and Microsoft executive Syam Nair as its chief technology officer and executive vice president of research and development. Starting on May 24, Nair will drive R&D to expand Zscaler’s Zero Trust Exchange platform, accelerate AI/ML innovations, and further scale the security cloud.
- Ransomware attack: Hybrid technology distributor ScanSource, Inc. has experienced a ransomware attack that has impacted some of its systems, the company reported. ScanSource is working closely with forensic and cybersecurity experts to investigate the extent of the incident, minimize disruption and mitigate the situation. ScanSource has also notified law enforcement authorities.
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- Ingram Micro Cloud & Innovation Summit (May 15-17)
- SAP Sapphire (May 16-17)
- Lenovo Accelerate (May 16-18)
- ServiceNow Knowledge (May 16-18)
- Dell Technologies World 2023 (May 22-25)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.