10 Most Read MSSP Stories of the Week: May 17, 2019
What’s happening in the managed security services provider (MSSP) market? ChannelE2E’s sister site, MSSP Alert, has the answers. To wit, here are the 10 most read stories from that site for the business week ending May 17, 2019.
1. Proper Office 365 Security Settings: A memo from the Department of Homeland Security specifically calls out IT consulting firms for poor migration practices.
3. RYUK Ransomware Hits MSP-Centric Cloud Service Provider: Only about 1 percent of the CSP’s partners were impacted. But the attack and business recovery involved an acquired business unit — and that’s a timely warning for proper cyber due diligence during M&A discussions and post-deal IT management.
4. Microsoft Windows Remote Code Execution Vulnerability Patch: The patches extend to very old Windows operating system releases that Microsoft no longer supports — a big indicator that this vulnerability represents a big risk to partners and customers.
5. Arctic Wolf Networks Launches 100 Percent Channel Strategy: Poke around the article and you’ll see a list of SOC (Security Operations Center) as a Service (SOCaaS) options for MSPs and MSSPs.
6. Tenable Launches Free Vulnerability Assessment Software Tool: It’s designed mostly for students and newcomers to the cybersecurity market. But MSSPs are free to give it a try.
7. Intel MDS ‘ZombieLoad’ Vulnerability Alert: Another side channel risk, and the associated patches from Amazon Web Services, Apple, Google and Microsoft.
8. Top 20 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Companies: Still a favorite read for our daily site visitors.
9. CrowdStrike Pursues $100 Million IPO: The endpoint protection company is growing fast with help from channel partners and MSSPs — but net losses also continue to mount.
10. Cyberattack & Recovery Triggers Tax Filing Deadline Extension: What went wrong, and why the U.S. government is allowing some Wolters Kluwer customers to file their taxes later than usual…
That’s the latest lineup. Thanks for reading both ChannelE2E and MSSP Alert.