SolarWinds MSP Unveils Mobile App for Google Android, Apple iPhone iOS
SolarWinds MSP has rolled out a new SolarWinds MSP Manager mobile app for both Google Android and Apple iOS. The app allows MSPs to access support tickets and customer information from smartphones and tablets running the Google and Apple operating systems.
The tool boasts integrated ticketing, tracking and billing, which the company says will create “a more efficient, effective, and profitable IT service organization.”
According to the company, MSP Manager is now integrated within the SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring and Management platform, “supporting user’s single pane of glass experience.”
The MSP Manager app offers users a number of interesting features, including:
- Open a ticket with information chosen from drop-down menus
- Use stackable time trackers to report time spent with a customer
- View tickets and schedules
- Access the app with quick login; four-digit or fingerprint sign-in, for devices that support it
- Receive instant notifications of new tickets or status changes on the mobile device or other wearable devices
- Plan the most efficient driving route for a day of on-site visits with mapping of all locations
The company certainly isn’t alone in its strategy. Most of the major MSP and IT service management software providers — names like Autotask, ConnectWise, Continuum, Kaseya and more — have mobile app offerings for their partner and customer bases.
For its part, SolarWinds MSP has been gradually rolling out new technology since its acquisition of LogicNow in mid-2016. At the same time, SolarWinds MSP assuring customers that R&D investments in the former LogicNow and N-able suites would continue.
In December 2016 it unveiled its N-central 11, which focused on RMM-BDR (remote monitoring and management-backup and disaster recovery) integration. In January it delivered new Mac services to its remote control software, MSP Anywhere. The company has also evolved its suite to address PSA (Professional Services Automation), security and plenty more.