Top 25 IT Service Management and Ticketing Cloud Apps
When it comes to IT service management and ticketing software, most MSPs and VARs are familiar with PSA (professional services automation) and RMM (remote monitoring and management) solutions.
Still, there are dozens of IT service management and ticketing platforms from which to choose. And many of them are now available as SaaS-based cloud services.
But which options rank among the best? GetApp, owned by Gartner, is attempting to provide the answer. Each quarter, GetApp ranks IT service management apps using five factors, worth 20 points each, for a total possible score out of 100. These factors include user reviews, integrations, mobile app availability, media presence, and security, the company says.
Words of Caution
I certainly don’ think the rankings are perfect. After all, many offerings were overlooked entirely. Others perhaps didn’t generate enough user reviews to accurately reflect the platform’s value. Also, many of the top 25 platforms are positioned for end-user IT departments rather than IT service providers, MSPs and VARs.
Still, readers are always asking ChannelE2E about ITSM platforms out in the market. So here are the Top 25 IT Service Management Apps for Q3 2016, according to GetApp. (Score rankings from 1 to 100 are in parenthesis after the company name.) ChannelE2E’s comments about each company follow the ranking. As you navigate the GetApp rankings, I’d think of it as a list of potential options rather than a best-of-the-best since so many vendors weren’t even covered.
Top 25 IT Service Management Apps
23. C2 ATOM (4): We’re not sure of company size. Website has extremely limited information.
22. ControlNow (5): Actually, this is now partner of LogicNow — which SolarWinds recently acquired.
21. Track-It! (7): Owned by BMC since 2012, Track-It! is positioned for midmarket IT departments.
20. BigPanda.io (8): Check out the URL and the .io tips you off that this is a recent startup. But some big service providers are running the platform…
19. IT Pro Dashboard (9): From Karasoft, positioned as a PSA platform.
17. CloudMonix (13): Positioned mainly as a cloud monitoring tool for Azure.
Go to page 2 for companies ranked 15 to 6