Technology Research: Help Desk Outsourcing Market Forecast
The market for outsourced IT help desk services will enjoy a 5.7 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2019, according to Technavio. The far faster growing market segment involves global help desk automation — which has a 49.3 percent CAGR amid growing adoption of ServiceNow and other cloud-oriented tools.
ChannelE2E says: Many MSPs have outsourced some or all of their IT service desk and network operations center (NOC) functions to a handful of companies. The options have included:
- GMS Live Expert, Inbay and Live Virtual Help Desk, which essentially are pure play NOC and Help Desk service providers for MSPs.
- NetEnrich, which recently rehired Justin Crotty to double down on the IT channel while strengthening its management and monitoring services for Microsoft Azure.
- Continuum, which offers outsourced NOC, RMM (remote monitoring and management) and BDR (backup and disaster recovery) services to MSPs.
- ConnectWise, which inked a NOC and help desk partnership with IT By Design in November 2016.
Still, help desk outsourcing isn’t for everyone. Some MSPs have kept their help desk and NOC services in-house, often because help desk inquiries can sometimes identify new business opportunities.
The complete third-party research reports:
- Technavio Global Help Desk Automation Market (2015-2019)
- Technavio Global Help Desk Outsourcing Market (2015-2019)
More: Track all Technology Market Research News from ChannelE2E.