Syxsense Extends From Endpoint Security to RMM for MSPs
Syxsense, which develops a cloud-based endpoint security platform, is now positioning itself as an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software provider for MSPs and MSSPs.
The RMM platform supports threat detection, patch management and endpoint management for major operating systems and IoT devices, Syxsense says. The company is offering a free RMM trial for up to 100 devices.
Syxsense Business Background
Syxsense raised $6 million in funding in May 2021. In that funding announcement, the company positioned itself as a provider of IT and security management solutions for enterprise customers and their IT managers. The funding announcement did not mention MSPs as a potential target for the software.
CEO Ashley Leonard has led Syxsense since November 2019, according to his LinkedIn biography. The IT management software provider has 32 employees listed on LinkedIn.
RMM Software for MSPs: Crowded Market
The RMM software market is growing but maturing and crowded with rivals.
- RMM software platform providers with major worldwide market footprints include ConnectWise, Datto, Kaseya, N-able and NinjaRMM;
- upstarts and potential market disrupters include Action1, Atera, SuperOps.ai and Syncro;
- Barracuda Networks, Naverisk and Pulseway also have footprints in the market;
- Tanium and Salesforce have launched a platform that spans ITSM, RMM and security capabilities; and
- public clouds are gaining RMM-like capabilities. An example is Microsoft Lighthouse.
We’ll be watching to see if or how Syxsense carves a niche for itself in the crowded RMM sector.