InterCloud, CA Technologies Network Monitoring Partnership: Boosting MSP Automation?
InterCloud Systems and CA Technologies are partnering to bolster network monitoring — particularly in virtualized settings that involve SDN (software defined networking), NFV (network functions virtualization) and SD-WANs. The relationship, which involves InterCloud’s Netlayer.io platform and various CA offerings, could help midmarket MSPs to more effectively manage and monitor next-generation customer networks.
Netlayer.io specializes in network and device analytics, and associated management capabilities. The company’s software uses four steps to help manage even complicated networks, Netlayer.io asserts.
- First, the software collects and collates all of the data generated from the network down to the packet and log level.
- Using that data, Netlayer.io then diagnoses any anomalies and makes sense of the data through proprietary algorithms.
- Using this information you can orchestrate with full knowledge of how the network is operating, rationalize network size and life cycles based on PID-level analysis, and automate alarms and life-cycle events.
- Finally, using automated machine learning, you can test updates and new services before they go live.
- Significantly increase availability of the network without extra hardware investment;
- Decrease failures and faults faults; and
- Provide a higher level of networking resource load balancing based on CA’s analytics input.
We’re watching to see if or how CA Technologies promotes the Netlayer.io integration to MSPs. Roughly 600 mid-market MSPs attended the CA World 2017 conference in November.