BMC Unveils Multi-Cloud Cost Management Tools
Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, combined with cloud services, are changing the landscape of IT Management. On-premise servers are becoming a thing of the past, and modern businesses are forcing MSPs to change the way they do business. MSPs can no longer rely purely on the IT monitoring tools of the past; doing so could lead to client outages as workloads extend out to public clouds.
Bill Berutti, president, Enterprise Solutions at BMC, states that there needs to be a new approach to effectively manage multi-cloud environments. MSPs need to know which assets are located on-premises and in multiple clouds. When IT assets go unmanaged, it can cost the company, leave them open to security risks and impact their bottom line.
To help MSPs get a handle on these multi-cloud challenges, BMC has announced a range of new solutions and services that help IT professionals lead their companies into the digital transformation era, the company claims.
Cloud Cost Management, Policy Management
During an event in New York this week, BMC showcased TrueSight Cloud Cost Control and SecOps Policy Service to better manage cost and compliance, as well as next-generation performance monitoring and service delivery powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning.
TrueSight Cloud Cost Control is a cost management solution. The platform helps users:
- Analyze current and future costs and utilization of multi-cloud infrastructure services.
- Provide insight and control over capital and operating expenditures.
- Offers a single view of on-premises and public cloud infrastructure spend.
- Allows organizations to track and analyze infrastructure costs and utilization, identify overspending, and forecast future costs.
SecOps Policy Service embeds compliance and security testing into the software development lifecycle. The service has features that:
- Allow developers to perform critical checks.
- Provide continuous verification, analytics, and governance to ensure compliance is protected, reducing risk when creating multi-cloud applications.
- Prioritize and remediate non-compliant configurations across public cloud services, utilizing a flexible architecture with built-in connectors and policy extensibility for virtually any data source.
Additional BMC Offerings
In addition to these multi-cloud solutions, BMC also announced this week TrueSight 11, BMC’s platform for Artificial Intelligence in IT Operations (AIOps). The service leverages machine learning and analytics to improve the quality and performance of services in multi-cloud environments. TrueSight 11 provides analysis into service tickets, change and defects, and event streams, in addition to the cloud cost analytics mentioned above.
Finally, BMC’s Cognitive Service Management solutions were also unveiled to address the complexities of multi-cloud computing by applying intelligence, automation and predictive capabilities. CSM enables an omni-channel service experience leveraging chatbots and virtual agents to simplify and enhance employee self-service, and to deliver speed and accuracy of ticket classification and resolution so agents spend less time on repetitive tasks, the company stated.
With so much data being generated by devices within a business, it would be extremely difficult for a human to manage. This problem is amplified when a managed services provider has several large clients to look after. Tools that utilize artificial intelligence to analyze this data can help IT professionals find issues before they become a bigger problem, which allows them to provide better service to their clients.