Amazon Alexa Automating IT Service Management (ITSM), Help Desks?
Amazon re:MARs 2019, the company’s first major artificial intelligence and machine learning conference, kicks off June 4 in Las Vegas. It promotes the next big waves in technology — and potentially propels Amazon Web Services (AWS) beyond infrastructure toward a new generation of groundbreaking business and consumer applications. There are also major implications for MSPs and IT service providers that are struggling to automate their own businesses.
The overall conference focuses on AI, ML, automation, robotics and space. Yes, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos eventually wants to take all of us into space. But he’ll also call on Amazon’s growing Alexa ecosystem to automate the world around us.
The pre-conference highlights include temi, a $2,000 personal robot that’s powered by Alexa. But that’s only scratching the surface. Dig a little deeper and listen closely to the re:Mars chatter; you may hear about a new generation of IT service management (ITSM) and help desk automation techniques.
Amazon Alexa for Business AI, ITSM Automation: Early Movers
As ChannelE2E recently pointed out, most MSPs are painfully late to the AI, chatbot and help desk automation conversations. Still, potential help may be on the way — for those who listen closely, learn fast, invest wisely, and move to disrupt their own businesses.
Among the potential examples:
- Amazon has been outlining Alexa for enterprise and business solutions.
- FreshService is already describing ways that Alexa may ultimately assist ITSM.
- ServiceNow is showing ITSM customers and partners how build and integrate Alexa Skills with the ServiceNow platform.
- Salesforce and Splunk have similar Alexa integration efforts under way.
- IT consulting firms and integrators are also jumping on the Alexa application development bandwagon. Key Amazon Alexa consulting partners now include ClearScale, CloudReach, iOLAP, Mobiquity, OST, REAN Cloud, Slalom and Volera, among others.
All of those Alexa-focused business moves surfaced before the re:MARS 2019 conference even started. So what will actually unfold at the conference? Stay tuned for updates from ChannelE2E.