20 PSA Software Tools, Alternatives for MSPs & VARs
Welcome to page 2 of 2.
11. ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus: ManageEngine offers IT management tools to corporate IT departments and MSPs. The service desk component is free to MSPs.
12. Microsoft Project Madeira: We’re not saying Project Madeira specifically is a PSA platform. But channel partners should keep close tabs on this beta effort — and its potential implications for overall business management.
13. NetSuite OpenAir: Some IT service providers have certainly adopted OpenAir, but we haven’t seen NetSuite make a super-aggressive push to engage VARs and MSPs as customers. Oracle as of mid-2016 is in the process of buying NetSuite, so we’re curious to see whether that impacts OpenAir’s future direction.
14. NetSuite PSA: Last we heard, NetSuite OpenAir and NetSuite PSA were separate products. But exactly how they differ and how they overlap remains a mystery to us.
15. Projector PSA: Another niche provider, Projector PSA targets multiple vertical markets — including technology companies and professional services businesses.
16. Promys: The company pitches itself as enterprise-class PSA, which was launched by a Cisco gold partner. Promys definitely has some adopters across the MSP an VAR markets, including large IT service providers.
17. SolarWinds N-able MSP Manager: SolarWinds has extended N-able beyond its RMM heritage to offer some PSA capabilities. MSP Manager, based on an acquired company’s code, is N-able’s service management software. It’s part of the growing SolarWinds MSP business, which includes the N-able and LogicNow product portfolios.
18. Tigerpaw Software: Tigerpaw’s business automation platform includes PSA and more for IT service providers. At times, the company has competed head-on against Autotask and ConnectWise. But Tigerpaw has been somewhat late to the cloud-based PSA market. We expect updates in those areas during Tigerpaw Conference 2016, which is set for October.
19. Tenrox: Upland Software in mid-2016 launched a major upgrade to Tenrox, the company’s professional services automation (PSA) and time and expense tracking application. Among the integration twists: Upland Integration Manager, powered by Dell Boomi, allows for configurable integrations to a variety of Upland products as well as third party systems, the company says. We don’t know if Tenrox has a critical mass of VAR and MSP adopters.
20. Workday PSA: Workday is best known for its SaaS-based HR, financial and business management software. Workday PSA is a more recent focus area. It’s a safe bet the offering seeks to counter rival NetSuite on the PSA front. And we don’t know if it has traction among IT service providers.
21: Who Did We Miss?: Surely, there’s an additional option that allows us to climb beyond the 20-company mark. Let us know what we overlooked.
We’ll continue to update this article as various PSA platforms achieve new milestones. For our day-to-day PSA coverage, visit here.