PwC Invests In Industrial IoT (IIoT) Software Company Cybus GmbH
The PwC Germany investment was part of a Series A financing round. The overall funding round raised about 8 million euros (roughly US$8.8 million). PwC was the lead investor in the round, contributing roughly 4 million euros (U$4.4 million) to the round. Cybus GmbH’s company valuation was not disclosed.
Cybus GmbH’s software enables industrial manufacturers to “efficiently connect and automate their production.” The company’s flagship software, known as Cybus Connectware, leverages real-time data from the production environment to help customers drive “increased efficiency and quality of the production processes,” the company asserts.
PwC: IT Consulting and Cybersecurity Acquisitions
PwC Germany is part of the larger PwC global IT consulting and accounting network that spans 295,000 people and 156 countries worldwide.
PwC remains active on the M&A and investment fronts. Many of the deals involve IT consulting, enterprise application, cloud and cybersecurity expertise. Example PwC acquisitions include:
- January 2022: SAP supply chain software expert Olivehorse.
- October 2021: WebSecure Technologies for privileged access management (PAM) security technologies in Australia.
- September 2021: Avaleris, an MSSP that offers Microsoft identity, security and cloud services.
- November 2020: AWS cloud partner EagleDream Technologies.
- October 2020: SAP partner Tyconz.
On the exit side, PwC sold its U.S. public sector business to Veritas Capital in 2018.
PwC Rivals Acquire IT Consulting, Cloud and Cybersecurity Companies