1. New H3C has a full portfolio of data center networking switches to meet the needs of nearly all enterprise environments.
2. New H3C has emerged as one of the largest networking providers in China. The majority ownership by Tsinghua Holdings will allow it to better compete for government and state-owned enterprise and telecom business within China.
3. New H3C has a very solid understanding of local buying requirements in China and a large sales channel within the region.
4. New H3C also provides servers, storage, integrated systems, routers, firewalls and wireless LAN (WLAN), which helps clients that are looking to limit their number of suppliers.
1. New H3C has had a successful 13-year track record in the network business, operating in both a JV model and as a wholly owned subsidiary. However, there may be startup challenges as an independent company. New H3C will need to execute on its portfolio sold in China as well as joint development efforts with HPE.
2. New H3C is reliant on HPE as its primary route to market outside of China. Organizations purchasing H3C via the HPE relationship should be aware that such partnership agreements can be transient.
3. New H3C had placed a disproportionate effort on developing a chassis-based switching solution rather than leading a transition to FFF.