1. Juniper has a broad portfolio of data center solutions based on common building blocks that can be used to create different fabric solutions. It has a strong track record in supporting demanding, midsize to large-scale data center environments.
2. Juniper has an open and well-thought-out roadmap that can address emerging data center networking requirements.
3. In competitive deals that Gartner reviews, Juniper aggressively prices its solutions.
4. Juniper offers an open and interoperable architecture, including open APIs, brite-box switches, disaggregated Junos software and an open-source SDN overlay (Contrail) that is one of the more prominent solutions for OpenStack deployments.
1. Juniper has lost some traction with Gartner enterprise clients, as witnessed from a decrease in inquiries and contract reviews.
2. Gartner clients have indicated confusion over Juniper's multiple data center switching and fabric options.
3. Juniper needs to increase its presence with midsize enterprise accounts.
4. Juniper does not offer an integrated systems solution of its own; instead, it works with a variety of partners that can integrate Juniper technology with compute and storage solutions.