Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast. Our guest is Rob Rae, VP of business development at Datto. We discuss Datto's expansion into the networking, WiFi and unified threat management (UTM) markets. Key to the effort: Datto's recent Open Mesh acquisition, and the DNA (Datto Network Appliance) launch. How do all those moves fit together with Datto's overall data protection strategy, and the company's MSP partner focus? Rae explains.
Here's the podcast conversation:
Podcast discussion (times are approximate):
- 0:00: Introductions
- 0:35: Why Datto acquired Open Mesh
- 3:00: Datto Networking Business: The vision
- 6:22: Open Mesh: What's real today?
- 9:53: Hardware as a Service or blended model?
- 12:33: How existing Datto partners can get started with networking & unified threat management
- 14:12: DattoCon17: What to expect
- 15:58: Finding more info about Datto
- 18:01: Conclusion
ChannelE2E Podcasts: Who Says What?
- Company Launches — vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages — boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions — core team building, process building, automation and partnering.
- Exits and transformations — IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
Join the Conversation
For ChannelE2E Podcast sponsorship information, email Amy Katz, president and CEO, After Nines Inc. Guest bookings are handled privately. We look forward to bringing you the best and brightest technology business builders Tuesday nights at 9:01 p.m. ET./6:01 p.m. PT — and sometimes in between.