Good evening and welcome to the latest ChannelE2E podcast. Our guest is ConnectWise Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) John Ford.
We discuss risk assessment strategies for MSPs -- including steps to safeguard MSP businesses as well as end-customer assets, leveraging the ConnectWise Identify tool. Ford also touches on two cybersecurity incidents that ConnectWise tackled earlier this year.
We recorded the podcast on June 19, 2019, a day before the ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 conference started in Orlando, Florida.
Podcast: Listen Here:
Now, here's the conversation:
What we covered:
- 0:00 - Intros and Overview.
- 0:27 - John, Joe and a quick update on hackers targeting MSP platforms.
- 3:00 - How ConnectWise is helping MSPs to lock down their own businesses, and why ConnectWise acquired Sienna Group in 2018.
- 4:55 - Where the NIST Cybersecurity Framework fits into risk assessments.
- 5:55 - How MSPs can leverage the ConnectWise Identify tool for risk assessments.
- 7:15 - How much time do risk assessments require?
- 8:10 - Quarterly business reports (QBRs) and risk assessments: Paid or free?
- 10:00 - What type of risk assessment talent will MSPs need to train or hire?
- 12:22 - ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee: The Cybersecurity Priority.
- 14:00 - Moving beyond anti-virus protection to advanced managed security services -- rethink the conversation based on risk.
- 15:40 - Why ConnectWise invested in Perch Security.
- 15:55 - Where MSPs and partners can find more information.
- 17:00 - Thank you and conclusion.