Podcast: Webroot CTO Hal Lonas on Machine Learning’s Implications for MSPs
Welcome to the latest ChannelE2E podcast. Tonight’s guest is Hal Lonas, CTO of Webroot.
We open the conversation with a quick overview of Webroot’s security focus for MSPs. Then we dive into a conversation about machine learning, artificial intelligence, automation and what it all means for MSPs that are moving into the cybersecurity market.
Here’s the conversation:
The conversation covers:
- 0:00: Greetings and introductions
- 0:28: A quick overview of Webroot’s market focus for MSPs
- 2:55: Machine learning and artificial intelligence: The same or different? Lonas explains
- 5:52: How real is machine learning today?
- 7:01: Examples of machine learning and security
- 9:04: MSP solutions as learning systems
- 9:34: Do MSPs have to become machine learning and AI experts?
- 11:18: Will MSPs get overwhelmed by security alerts
- 13:03: The connection machine learning and automation — and making the MSP the hero
- 13:54: Can machine learning and automation close the cybersecurity skills gap?
- 15;40: Can a help desk technician be the point person for an MSP starting in security?
- 17:00: Where listeners can find more information
- 18:46: Conculsion