Podcast: Solving the MSP Talent Shortage in 2021, 2022 and Beyond
During the conversation, we discuss the MSP talent shortage, key skillsets required by today’s IT service providers, and the need to push beyond traditional PC support services. We also explore how GMS and Sherweb allow MSPs to source cloud software, win end-customer business, and then support those customers with the right talent mix. We also touch on Sherweb Live Insights, a digital conference that’s scheduled for November 2021.
Podcast – Listen Here:
Here’s an itemized list of the conversation:
- 0:00 -Introductions and Danny’s role at GMS.
- 1:16 – GMS business background providing help desk and NOC services to MSPs. Plus, the recent acquisition by Sherweb.
- 2:02 – Sherweb and GMS synergies for MSPs: How cloud solutions and IT services fit together for MSPs.
- 3:03 – Key market trends involving the MSP talent landscape: The struggle to find, train and retain talent.
- 5:11 – The MSP race to find talent: From traditional PC device support to cyber support and more.
- 6:05 – How GMS helps MSPs to solve the talent challenge: From pre-sales teams to professional services and NOC (network operations center) teams, help desk support and more.
- 7:45 – How GMS “pods” — teams of technical talent — assists MSP partners with their needs.
- 8:46 – How the MSP talent landscape may evolve in 2022 and beyond.
- 10:16 – How MSPs typically engage with GMS — sample initial services.
- 11:46 – Reach out at Sales@GlobalMentoring.com.
- 11:55 – Digital conference: Live Insights set for November 2021.
- 12:32 – Conclusion.