Podcast: SolarWinds MSP Managed Security Strategy for Partners
Good evening, channel partners. Tonight’s podcast guest is Marco Muto, director of business development, SolarWinds. Muto previously co-founded Trusted Metrics, a threat monitoring solution that SolarWinds acquired in 2018.
We discuss how partners can work with SolarWinds MSP to move into the cybersecurity market. We explore the buy vs. partner debate as MSPs contemplate SOC (security operations center) strategies. And we explore where the software company is heading next in the managed security services market.
Podcast: Listen Now
Here’s the conversation:
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions.
- 0:45 – The managed security market — an overview for MSPs and MSSPs.
- 2:20 – Should MSPs start with basic security hygiene — or move toward layered security right from the start?
- 3:55 – The background: How SolarWinds MSP moved into the threat monitoring software market, and what it means for partners.
- 6:05 – Should MSPs deploy threat monitoring technology on their own, or perhaps instead plug into MSSPs that already run the SolarWinds Threat Monitor platform?
- 8:27 – How SolarWinds is assisting MSPs and MSSPs to work with one another through the SolarWinds Threat Monitoring Service Program.
- 9:45 – More tips on the type of talent MSPs and MSSPs need to offer threat monitoring solutions.
- 11:35 – Overall cybersecurity market trends and how threat monitoring will evolve toward SMBs. Where AI, machine learning, SOAR, security awareness training and more fit in.
- 13:29 – How MSP and MSSP service catalogs may evolve.
- 14:44 – How listeners can learn more from SolarWinds MSP.
- 15:59 – Conclusion.