Podcast: SMB Managed Security Needs, And the MSP Opportunities
Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast, featuring VIPRE Security Chief Product Officer and Senior VP of R&D Usman Choudhary, and Senior Director of Global Channel Marketing Marya Munir.
We discuss the latest security research in the SMB market, and the implications for MSPs. We also explore the top threat landscapes facing small business customers, and we pinpoint how VIPRE is addressing those issues and opportunities for MSPs.
This podcast was recorded in mid-July 2018, amid the launch of VIPRE Security Site Manager for MSPs.
Here’s the conversation:
Podcast Timeline: Key points covered at specific times include…
- 0:00 – Intros and the big picture on overall cyberattacks.
- 0:36 – VIPRE Security’s history, and the evolution of enterprise attacks.
- 2:49 – How organized attacks, ransomware and malware extend down to SMB customers. The latest data points.
- 3:43 – SMBs reaching out to MSPs for help — the customer demands.
- 4:45 – A survey of 500 North America Solutions Providers — key cyber trends and findings.
- 6:02 – How VIPRE Security connects the dots between security research findings, SMB needs and R&D efforts for MSPs.
- 8:00 – Third-party research: Forrester’s findings on endpoint security needs — from Zero Day protection to machine learning and more. Plus: The need to reduce endpoint complexity and improve
- 10:23 – Delivering power and simplicity in security — VIPRE Security’s MSP reactions, and latest enhancements.
- 14:00 – Munir’s perspectives on purpose-built MSP solutions.
- 15:34 – General availability of VIPRE Security Site Manager.
- 16:40 – Attack vectors and email security: What MSPs need, and what VIPRE Security delivers.
- 20:53 – How long does it take MSPs to get started with VIPRE solutions?
- 22:39 – Related MSP software integrations — ConnectWise and more.
- 23:22 – First steps for getting started with VIPRE Security.
- 24:18: Conclusion