Podcast: Direct-to-Cloud Backup Simplifies MSP Data Protection
Welcome to the ChannelE2E podcast. Our guest today is Charlie Tomeo, chief revenue officer at Axcient. Tomeo describes why and how MSPs are striving to simplify their technology stacks – particularly in the area of data protection. He also highlights the growing Direct-to-Cloud backup and disaster recovery trend, plus Cloud-to-Cloud data protection for Microsoft 365 and other cloud applications.
Tomeo joined Axcient in October 2020 after building an MSP-centric partner program at Webroot, the cybersecurity company now owned by OpenText. Since Tomeo’s arrival, the Axcient team has analyzed and documented specific MSP cost savings for simplified, standardized approaches to data protection.
Podcast: Listen Here
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 0:45 – Tomeo’s focus on MSPs and data protection at Axcient
- 2:08 – How MSPs evolved their technology architectures & financial models amid the pandemic, and for the post-pandemic world.
- 3:23 – How MSPs can “simplify” their technology stacks regardless their physical location for employees and customer locations.
- 4:58 – The rise of Direct-to-Cloud data protection, backup and disaster recovery.
- 6:30 – Ensuring disaster recovery is part of a backup service — without added costs.
- 7:25 – How MSPs can spin up a virtual office for customers that lost on-premises data.
- 8:15 – Simplifying the data protection financial model for MSPs: The end of hidden storage costs.
- 11:05 – A single vendor for simplified, total data protection in the modern cloud era.
- 12:02 – Cloud-to-cloud data protection and backup for Microsoft 365 and other SaaS applications.
- 13:35 – How MSPs are navigating vendor and partner M&A: The challenges and opportunities.
- 15:09 – How MSPs can engage with Axcient to save time and money.
- 16:07 – Conclusion.