Podcast 090: Rise of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)
Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast. Our guest is Rick Gouin, chief technology officer at Winslow Technology Group, one of North America’s top IT solutions providers and technology consultancies. We discuss the rapidly growing market for hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI). What’s driving HCI adoption — and what are the potential benefits for customers? Gouin offers answers — and he previews some of the near- and long-term HCI trends he expects to see.
Here’s the podcast conversation:
Podcast discussion (times are approximate):
- 0:00: Introductions
- 1:29: Converged Datacenters and the rise of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI): Market Overviews
- 3:15: Converged vs. HCI: What’s the difference?
- 4:49: Are customers aware of HCI’s benefits?
- 6:02: Is easy of management HCI’s biggest benefit?
- 7:17: Potentially HCI deployment barriers.
- 9:10: Winslow’s target customer size. Plus: How HCI scales up to enterprise and down to SMB.
- 10:40: Where the HCI goes next.
- 12:00: How to learn more about HCI, Winslow Technology Group and Rick Gouin.
- 12:42: Conclusion.
ChannelE2E Podcasts: Who Says What?
Our podcast guests educate IT entrepreneurs and IT service providers about business development, management, transformation, partnering, growth and exits. Each CEO, executive or financial advisor personally drove:
- Company Launches — vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages — boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions — core team building, process building, automation and partnering.
- Exits and transformations — IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
Join the Conversation
For ChannelE2E Podcast sponsorship information, email Amy Katz, president and CEO, After Nines Inc. Guest bookings are handled privately. We look forward to bringing you the best and brightest technology business builders Tuesday nights at 9:01 p.m. ET./6:01 p.m. PT — and sometimes in between.