Podcast 089: Dell EMC Global Channels President John Byrne
Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast — co-hosted by Content Czar Joe Panettieri and CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux. Our guest is John Byrne, president, global channels, Dell EMC.
We discuss Dell EMC’s unified partner program; early learnings from the program launch; key near-term priorities for partners; the opportunities across servers, storage, networking; where services fit in; and plenty more. Plus, we preview Dell EMC World 2017, which is set for next week.
Partner Link: Byrne invites partners to learn more about Dell EMC here.
Here’s the podcast:
Key themes covered in the podcast include:
- 0:00: Introductions.
- 0:44: Dell EMC Partner Program – the first eight weeks since launch.
- 2:20: Delivering on three core priorities: Simple, predictable and profitable.
- 3:13: Key areas of partner success.
- 6:47: Mitigating and eliminating channel conflict – how?
- 9:40: The new partner program tiers: How are they working out?
- 13;05: Dell EMC World 2017: What can partners expect?
- 16:13: Dell EMC’s view on hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) and data center technology.
- 18:37: Dell sold its IT services business to NTT Data. What does that mean for partners and services?
- 20:38: Cloud services: Where do Dell EMC fit into that conversation?
- 22:48: What are the characteristics of Dell EMC’s best partners?
- 25:56: Where partners can get more information.
- 27:40: Conclusion.
ChannelE2E Podcasts: Who Says What?
Our podcast guests educate IT entrepreneurs and IT service providers about business development, management, transformation, partnering, growth and exits. Each CEO, executive or financial advisor personally drove:
- Company Launches — vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages — boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions — core team building, process building, automation and partnering.
- Exits and transformations — IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
Join the Conversation
For ChannelE2E Podcast sponsorship information, email Amy Katz, president and CEO, After Nines Inc. Guest bookings are handled privately. We look forward to bringing you the best and brightest technology business builders Tuesday nights at 9:01 p.m. ET./6:01 p.m. PT — and sometimes in between