Podcast: Monetizing MSP Market Trends in 2021
Welcome to the ChannelE2E podcast. Our guest today is Matt Solomon, VP of business development at Kaseya. The conversation explores major MSP trends culled from Kaseya’s market research – as well as research findings from such Kaseya businesses as IT Glue.
Solomon describes how MSPs have managed, monetized and secured the shift to remote work. He also explores how MSPs can evolve their businesses for more success throughout 2021.
The conversation is further below. A few links to note, which are related to the conversation:
- Find the 2021 MSP Industry Outlook E-Book here.
- Visit https://www.itcomplete.com/ for more details about Kaseya’s software portfolio.
- Connect with Matt Solomon on LinkedIn.
Now, here’s the conversation…
Podcast: Listen Here
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 0:55 – Solomon’s role at Kaseya
- 2:00 – April 20 Kaseya event — Teaser Alert
- 2:38 – Key MSP trends and research findings – 2020. MSPs as essential workers. New cloud and streaming services. Plus co-managed services.
- 4:50 – The co-managed MSP opportunity in the mid-market.
- 6:27 – Additional services to align with co-managed engagements, such as dark-web monitoring, security awareness training and more.
- 7:20 – MSP survey and security findings.
- 9:18 – Phishing emails: How to drive down customer clicks.
- 11:03 – Work from home customer networks: You don’t have to be an MSSP to secure those networks.
- 13:03 – vCIOs and quarterly business reviews.
- 14:12 – More details on security awareness training. What MSPs can offer to provide customer value.
- 16:21 – Customer education on phishing, HIPAA compliance and plenty more to build secure customer cultures.
- 17:20 – How to position customers as part of the solution to proper security, rather than the problem.
- 18:57 – How the MSP competitive landscape is changing: Controlling your costs and leveraging workflow automation while accelerating the shift to cloud services delivery.
- 20:34 – The value of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs): Think like a wealth managers, not like a day trader.
- 24:00 – How Kaseya engages with MSPs to ensure partner success. Where “Powered Services” fit in.
- 24:57 – Powered Services “Pro” explained. Marketing program content, campaigns and sales guidance that MSPs can leverage.
- 30:30 – Next steps for MSPs: Visit ITComplete.com for an overview of the overall Kaseya platform, or reach out to your account manager.