Podcast: How MSPs Can Monetize Datto RMM
Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast, featuring two guests from Datto, the MSP-centric technology provider:
- Christian Nagele, director, commercials
- Ian van Reenen, VP of engineering for endpoint product
van Reenen and Nagele have worked in and around the RMM software market for more than a decade. Datto’s RMM offering is a cloud-based technology that its Autotask business acquired in 2014.
During the conversation we explore how aspiring MSPs can monetize RMM (remote monitoring and management) software. Then, we discuss how established MSPs can dive deeper into RMM. And we take a longer-term look at where the RMM market may be heading next.
Podcast: Listen Here
Here’s the conversation:
Here’s what we cover:
- 0:00 – Introductions.
- 0:55 – The basics of RMM for VARs, IT consultants and aspiring MSPs.
- 3:05 – How quickly can listeners get started with RMM?
- 4:30 – For MSPs that have some RMM engagements in place, how can they move all customers to a profitable managed services model?
- 7:45 – Is RMM evolving beyond servers, PCs and notebooks toward cloud, sensor, IoT and more?
- 10:10 – Gaining visibility of network devices.
- 10:45 – How does Datto RMM fit together with the broader Datto product portfolio?
- 13:54 – Where RMM is heading next – clues from DattoCon 2019 conferences.
- 19:17 – Cloud RMM, artificial intelligence & machine learning.
- 19:50 – Typical MSP hurdles to avoid — and designing your MSP for scale.
- 22:33 – How to scale but simplify customers’ IT environments; plus simplified dashboards for MSPs.
- 24:53 – Where MSPs can find more info from Datto.
- 25:59 – Conclusion.