Podcast: MSP and Partner Security Guidance from Cisco Systems
Welcome to the ChannelE2E podcast. Our guests today are two partner- and security-centric leaders from Cisco Systems: Simon Wenet, senior product lead for security channels, and Conner Sheppard, channel marketing manager for cloud security.
The conversation explores how Cisco partners have evolved their security practices and safeguarded customer data during the coronavirus pandemic. Plus, how Cisco itself has been enhancing Umbrella, Duo and other security solutions for partners. Also, for more guidance post-podcast check out sp.learn.umbrella.com and partners.umbrella.com.
Now, here’s the conversation.
Podcast: Listen Here
The podcast covers:
- 0:00 – Intros
- 0:35 – How Cisco partners are navigating the coronavirus pandemic.
- 2:58 – How Cisco partners are hardening “work remote” customer networks.
- 05:12 – How Cisco partners are finding and engaging new customers without face-to-face events, while avoiding “video conferencing fatigue.”
- 07:53 – Key considerations for partners to further mitigate risk and safeguard customer data.
- 09:30 – How partners & MSPs are simplifying and standardizing their security services.
- 10:40 – Cisco Umbrella and Duo: Cisco’s learnings and commitment to driving simplicity.
- 13:15 – Not all partners work the same way. Keeping various partner business models in mind.
- 14:24 – Rich threat intelligence capabilities, with simple partner engagement models.
- 16:55 – Threat intelligence for MSPs with and without SOCs.
- 18:37 – Two places to find more information: sp.learn.umbrella.com and partners.umbrella.com.
- 22:05 – Conclusion