Podcast 082: Continuum CEO Michael George
Good evening, channel partners. Welcome to our latest ChannelE2E Podcast. Our guest is Michael George, CEO of Continuum. We discuss the IT labor shortage — and the potential implications for MSPs (managed services providers) that support SMB customers. We also explore scale up/scale down help desk and NOC (network operations center) services, which allow MSPs to outsource mundane tasks, and thereby focus on higher-margin services. Finally, we discuss how the Trump Administration may — or may not — impact the world of IT outsourcing.
Here’s the podcast:
On a related front, Continuum now offers Scaling for Success: The MSP Guide to Operational Efficiency, a new interactive eBook. It examines the staffing and profitability dilemma that Michael George explored during this episode. Inside it, you’ll discover how to reduce the costs of “noisy” technology and reactive service delivery, all while empowering your technicians to support more incoming business and continue delighting existing clients. Download your copy here.
Podcast recap (times are approximate):
- 0:00: Intro and podcast overview.
- 0:30: Michael George steps up to the microphone. Addressing the IT talent gap.
- 5:44: What the IT skills gap means to MSPs addressing SMB customers.
- 8:20: The MSP challenge and the opportunity.
- 11:20: MSPs and Continuum – how help desk and NOC outsourcing works.
- 14:44 Scaling up — and scaling down — NOC and help desk services — just like cloud computing
- 18:11: The Trump Administration — what may or may not happen with U.S. outsourcing policies.
- 23:25: How MSPs can learn more about Continuum.
- 25:57: End
ChannelE2E Podcasts: Who Says What?
Our podcast guests educate IT entrepreneurs and IT service providers about business development, management, transformation, partnering, growth and exits. Each CEO, executive or financial advisor personally drove:
- Company Launches — vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages — boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions — core team building, process building, automation and partnering.
- Exits and transformations — IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
Join the Conversation
For ChannelE2E Podcast sponsorship information, email Amy Katz, president and CEO, After Nines Inc. Guest bookings are handled privately. We look forward to bringing you the best and brightest technology business builders Tuesday nights at 9:01 p.m. ET./6:01 p.m. PT — and sometimes in between