5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 05 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Funding – Distributed Cloud Services: Volterra, a distributed cloud services startup, has launched from two years of stealth operations with over $50 million in funding to date. Investors include Khosla Ventures, Mayfield and M12 (Microsoft’s venture arm).
2. Funding – Canadian Startups: TandemLaunch has raised $30 million for the TandemLaunch Ventures III (TLVIII) fund. The Canada-focused fund seeks to create more than 20 disruptive Quebec-based technology companies.
3. MSPs – VMware Cloud on AWS: Some important news surfaced at VMworld Europe 2019. (Teaser alert: That link will activate around 11:00 a.m. eastern on Tuesday.)
4. MSP Offers Microsoft on AWS Cloud: Mission, a Top 100 Public Cloud MSP, has achieved AWS Microsoft Workloads Competency status. The designation recognizes that Mission provides deep expertise helping customers in the design, migration, deployment, and management of Microsoft-based applications on AWS.
5. Remote Endpoint Management – MSP: CompuCom, a subsidiary of Office Depot, has embraced the Intel vPro platform with Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT). The result: CompuCom offers cloud-based remote endpoint management, including proactive PC maintenance for remote diagnosis and repair.
6. Talent – Storage: Pure Storage has hired Riverbed and Cisco Systems veteran Paul Mountford as chief operating officer (COO). Also, Pure Storage President David Hatfield transitions to vice chair and president emeritus.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Partner Summit 2019: The latest news is here.
2. AT&T 5G Partner Program: AT&T Partner Solutions is gaining new products and solutions to support the growth of 5G, starting with the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G smartphone, the company says.
5. Distribution – SolarWinds: Building on a relationship in Singapore and Hong Kong, Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute various SolarWinds software in China and Indonesia. The agreement includes SolarWinds networking, IT systems, database management, and security technologies. Moreover,Ingram will distribute the SolarWinds MSP portfolio to partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Ingram, in turn, will leverage SolarWinds software to deliver NOC services in the region.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Microsoft Ignite (November 4-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].