5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 30 August 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 30, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
2. Investment – 5G and IoT IT Services: Tech Mahindra Americas will acquire 13.8% stake in AustinGiS, an IT services provider, for a total cash consideration of $1.25 million, Business Standard reports. AustinGiS is an 5G services and IoT IaaS provider incorporated in 2021, with a projected revenue of $28 million in CY2021, the report says.
3. VMware Spin-Off From Dell Technologies: The spin-off is on track for completion in November 2021.
4. Canceled Contract – IBM Services: The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has terminated its remaining toll system contract with IBM, alleging that IBM’s work didn’t meet TxDOT’s standards. TxDOT has hired SAP and the Department of Information Resources Managed Security Services to help stabilize and improve the back-end system to manage the massive amount of customer data and toll transactions. IBM has not commented on the situation.
5. Cloud Monitoring – Free Trial: OpsRamp has announced a 14-day free trial of its platform. The trial version combines discovery, monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding for cloud infrastructure services in a frictionless, self-service solution that delivers results in less than one hour, OpsRamp asserts.
6. Former Cisco Employee Sentenced: Prithviraj “Roger” Bhikha, a former senior director of global supplier management at Cisco Systems, was sentenced to 36 months in prison and ordered to pay more than $3 million in restitution to Cisco and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service following his wire fraud and tax convictions, according to prosecutors.
7. Online Propaganda: Amazon Web Services (AWS) has disabled a website that had reportedly been used since April 2021 by a wing of the Islamic State to promote propaganda, including praise of the deadly suicide attack on August 26, 2021 at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, The Hill reports.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- Lenovo Tech World 2021 (September 8, Virtual)
- Barracuda Secured.21 (September 14-16, Virtual)
- Nutanix .Next 2021 (September 20-23, Virtual)
- Salesforce Dreamforce (September 21-23, Hybrid)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.