5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 26 October 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 26, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. M&A – IT Services: Deutsche Bank is in advanced talks to sell a technology services unit to Tata Consultancy Services, Asia’s biggest software exporter by market value, Bloomberg reports.
2. SAP Stock Plummets: SAP’s stock fell 20 percent in early morning trading on Monday, the biggest one-day drop in 24 years, Reuters reports. The reason? SAP abandoned mid-term profitability targets and is going “all in” on cloud computing.
3. Talent – AT&T Layoffs: The job cuts continue to mount.
4. Talent – HPE Layoffs: Hewlett Packard Enterprise has laid off roughly 500 staff across the company’s server, storage and networking teams, Blocks and Files reports. Also of note: Andrew Manners, VP and GM of HPE’s North America Storage business, is leaving the company, CRN reports.
6. Apple Device Management & Monitoring: Addigy appears to be in rapid growth mode, industry chatter says.
B. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- OpenText World 2020 (October 26-29)
- Cisco Partner Summit 2020 (October 28-29)
- Ingram Micro ONE 2020 (November 4-5)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2020 (November 10-12)
- Druva DxP: Cloud Data Protection Summit 2020 (November 17)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here