5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 25 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 25, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Talent – Cloud Communications: Vonage has hired SAP veteran Rodolpho Cardenuto as president, Applications Group, effective December 9, 2019.
2. Talent – PAM: PTC veteran Matthew Cohen will join CyberArk as chief revenue officer, effective December 2, the privileged access management (PAM) security company has disclosed.
3. Government Cloud Services – Pentagon Lawsuit: Amazon.com filed a lawsuit in a federal U.S. court on November 22 contesting the U.S. Defense Department’s decision last month to award a Pentagon cloud computing contract worth up to $10 billion to rival bidder Microsoft, Reuters reports.
4. HP Letter to Xerox: HP Inc. has sent a letter to Xerox, essentially reiterating that the PC giant doesn’t plan to sell its business to the printer company under the current terms proposed by Xerox. In the letter, HP expresses concerns about Xerox’s falling revenues and potential financing related to the proposed HP buyout.
5. Layoffs – More Rights for Workers: New York lawmakers are working to protect employees from losing their jobs without warning. Senator Chuck Schumer (D) has introduced the new “Fair Warning Act of 2019” which he says would put an end to surprise layoffs for many workers, Spectrum Local News reports.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – UCaaS: Synnex has agreed to offer Avaya OneCloud Secure unified communications as a service (UCaaS) to public sector government partners — including partners that serve education, federal, state and local government.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.