5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 23 May 2022
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 23, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Broadcom Acquiring VMware?: That’s the rumor…
2. Who Else Bid to Buy Datto?: Here are the other companies that bid to buy Datto, along with their actual offer pricing and the date of the offer, according to ChannelE2E. Kaseya ultimately emerged as the winning buyer of Datto, through the MSP technology merger awaits regulatory approval.
3. Datto’s Boardroom Moves: Here’s how Datto’s board managed the M&A process since being approached by multiple potential buyers in November 2021, according to ChannelE2E reporting.
4. MSP Revenue Mix: The typical MSP expects to generate 63% of revenues from services in 2022, compared to 53% in 2021, according to Barracuda Networks’ MSP Day 2022 report.
5. Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC): CyberSheath, a CMMC managed service provider supporting the DIB (Defense Industrial Base), has launched a partner program designed to “empower vendors to expand their core capabilities and achieve CMMC compliance faster,” the company said.
6. MDR Market Growth Forecast: Here’s how a global managed detection & response (MDR) security market growth forecast, and the potential implications for MSSPs.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Microsoft Build 2022 Developer Conference (May 24-26, Virtual)
- ServiceNow Knowledge Live 2022 (May 25-56, Las Vegas and Australia)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- Extreme Networks Connect 2022 (June 6-9, Nashville, Tennessee)
- See All Tech Conferences On Our Calendar Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.