5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 23 March 2022
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, March 23, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP Billing Management: Zomentum has released Zomentum Connect, a SaaS-based solution that automates license management and billing reconciliation. The tool “enables technology partners to automatically reconcile client SaaS licenses with client accounts to ensure accurate billing,” the company said.
2. MSP Partnership – AWS Cloud: Presidio has inked a strategic collaboration agreement (SCA) with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Key areas of focus include AWS Rapid Migration and Modernization, Application Development, Data and Analytics, DevSecOps, and Cloud Center of Excellence initiatives.
3. MSP Cyber Talent and Training: MSPAlliance has partnered with Boise State University and Stellar Cyber to help MSPs with business, technical, and cybersecurity training, along with job placement tools. The program will begin producing viable MSP security candidates for hire within the year, MSPAlliance predicted.
8. Funding – SMB Management Software: Finally, which develops SMB accounting and financial management software, has raised $95 million in Series A funding. The round includes both equity and debt. PeakSpan Capital led the round with participation from Active Capital, 500 FinTech, and GTMfund. Clear Haven Capital provided the debt facility.
9. Funding – Unified Communications Security: Theta Lake has raised $50 million Series B funding round led by Battery Ventures. Lightspeed Venture Partners, Neotribe Ventures, Cisco Investments, RingCentral Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Zoom Video Communications also invested in the round.
10. Cloud Services – Talent Gap: More than 70% of surveyed IT leaders internationally saw a cloud skills gap as an urgent concern. More than half of respondents claimed it either slowed them down (46%) or posed an existential crisis to the company (9%), according to Cloudreach, a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP that Atos acquired in 2021.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Aruba Atmosphere 2022 Conference (March 27-April 1, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2022 (March 28-March 31, Austin, Texas)
- TED 2022 (April 10-14, Vancouver, Canada)
- Robin Robins Boot Camp 2022 (April 19-22, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Dell Technologies World 2022 (May 2-5, Las Vegas)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.