5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 26 July 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 26, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Kaseya – REvil Ransomware Attack Recovery Update: Kaseya customers have to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to receive a REvil Ransomware decryption key from the software company, CNN reports. Kaseya obtained the key on July 21 following a July 2 REvil Ransomware attack against the Kaseya VSA software platform. The attack spread downstream to roughly 50 MSPs and 1,500 end-customers. See ongoing Kaseya REvil Ransomware attack and recovery updates here.
2. Business Growth – Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) Software: Veeam Software‘s annual recurring revenue (ARR) grew 26 percent in Q2 of 2021 compared to Q2 of 2020. Still, Veeam did not reveal actual ARR dollar figures or overall quarterly revenues — which are shifting from traditional software licenses to subscription services. Net income also was not revealed.
3. For Sale?: Private equity firm Vista Equity Partners is exploring a potential sale of Tibco Software, the cloud computing data analytics company, CNBC reports.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Alliance of Channel Women: The Alliance of Channel Women has opened a call for nominations for the 2021 ACW LEAD Awards, an initiative that recognizes exceptional women in the channel. Deadline for nominations is August 27, 2021.
2. ITSM – ServiceNow Partner: Beyond20 has advanced to a Premier Partner level in the ServiceNow Partner Program.
3. Vertical Markets – Field Service Management Software: WiPro has launched FieldX, a cloud-based lifecycle automation software solution built on ServiceNow. Using FieldX, manufacturing organizations can enhance and scale-up their after-sales customer service operations while reducing costs, WiPro asserts.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2021 (August 3-4, Virtual)
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2021 (September 21-23, Multiple Cities and Virtual)
- BigBig 2021 MSP Conference (September 23-25, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- VMworld 2021 (October 5-7, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.