Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 20, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
3. Talent – PCs and Printers:HP Inc. has hired MetLife veteran Greg Baxter as chief transformation officer. Baxter had been chief digital officer at MetLife. Also, HP hired Zimmer Biomet veteran Didier Deltort as president of personalization & 3D printing. Deltort reports to Savi Baveja, HP’s chief strategy & incubation officer.
4. Talent – Video Conferencing: Verizon Business has named Eric Spadafora as the new VP and general manager of BlueJeans by Verizon, the business-centric alternative to Zoom, Cisco Webex and Microsoft Teams. Spadafora succeeds former BlueJeans CEO Quentin Gallivan, who has retired. Verizon acquired BlueJeans Network in April 2020.
5. Robotic Process Automation (RPA): The new UiPath platform 21.4 release supports Automation Ops, a web-based application that enables admins to “quickly set up policies for automation users and developers,” the company says.
6. Cisco Systems Quarterly Financial Results: Cisco cautioned that supply chain issues will linger through the end of 2021 and forecast its current-quarter profit below estimates, sending shares of the network gear maker down 5 percent, Reuters reports.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Robotic Process Automation (RPA):StarLink has agreed to distribute Blue Prism in the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa (META).
2. Distribution – Passwordless Authentication:Distology has agreed to distribute Beyond Identity to resellers and MSSPs in the U.K. and Ireland.
3. Hybrid Cloud Services for MSPs: Virtuozzo has launched Virtuozzo Hybrid Cloud. The solution enables MSPs and CSP to “design, build and sell modern cloud services to customers quickly and more cost-effectively than traditional hyperscalers,” the company asserts.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar