5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 20 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 20, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – MSP and UCaaS: BCM One has acquired Arena One for unified communications as a service. W.G. Nielsen & Co., an investment banking firm in Denver, Colorado, was Arena One’s financial advisor on the deal. BCM One, backed by private equity firm Thompson Street Capital Partners. BCM One, which serves move than 7,000 customers worldwide, has acquired multiple MSPs and cloud firms.
2. M&A – IT Services Providers: Relevance Lab of Singapore has acquired CIGNEX Datamatics of Michigan. Relevance Lab is an IT services provider with re-usable technology assets in such areas as DevOps, Cloud, Automation, Digital, Service Delivery and Supply Chain Analytics. CIGNEX Datamatics specializes in digital transformation solutions that leverage Open Source, Cloud and Automation tools and technologies.
6. Facebook Operating System: Facebook is building its own operating-system software to decrease its future dependence on rivals like Apple and Google, Bloomberg reports.
7. Canada Data Protection: Asigra has announced a new program focused on defending the backup repositories and data of Canadian public/non-profit organizations against cyber-attacks.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – IT Monitoring: LogicMonitor has hired BMC, TIBCO and SAP veteran Sanjay Gupta as global VP of channels and alliances.
2. Cisc0 Meraki for MSPs: The networking giant has launched a Cisco Meraki landing page that caters specifically to MSPs.
3. Microsoft Azure Cloud Integration: TIBCO Software Inc.‘s hybrid cloud integration platform, known as TIBCO Cloud Integration, is now available on Microsoft Azure. Support for Amazon Web Services (AWS) has also been in place.
4. AWS Outposts Backup: Commvault is validated to support AWS Outposts — the on-premises version of Amazon Web Services. ChannelE2E expects Outposts to have niche use cases in the enterprise, but Commvault’s support of the Amazon platform is noteworthy. Commvault was noticeably late to embrace multiple mobile and cloud trends over the past decade. But a new CEO and an overhauled executive team have spent the past year or so accelerating Commvault toward more modern growth opportunities.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].