5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 19 April 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 19, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Help Wanted – MSP Security Software: TitanHQ, a provider of cloud-based email and web protection software, has nearly doubled its workforce over the past six months. Recent recruits include CTO Sean Morris and CFO Brian O’Driscoll. Current TitanHQ career opportunities are listed here. TitanHQ serves about 2,500 MSPs across 150 countries. Key customers include T-Mobile and Datto, among others.
2. MSP Cloud Services – Giving Back: CPU, which offers cloud services to MSPs, has released the details behind its 2021 One Tree Planted Campaign. This initiative will result in one tree being planted for every new partner signup, every new contract and every renewed contract from this point forward, CPU says. One Tree Planted is an environmental charity dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect bio-diversity and help reforestation efforts around the world.
3. MSP Data Breach – Class Action Lawsuit?: A former Presidio employee, Eric LaPrairie, is seeking to launch a nationwide class action lawsuit against the MSP and IT solutions provider. The case involves an alleged SIM swap attack against Presidio, National Law Review reports. Presidio offered either 12 or 24 months of credit monitoring services to all individuals who were affected, JD Supra reports.
4. Rackspace Sells Cloud Education Business: Codeup, which trains students on Web development and data science, has acquired Rackspace Cloud Academy from the multi-cloud MSP. The Rackspace Cloud Academy provides “boot camp style technical training.” More than 900 technical students have graduated from the academy, Rackspace’s website indicates. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
5. SPAC Regulations, Investor Concerns: Investors are cooling to SPACs as new regulatory scrutiny of special-purpose acquisition companies cuts the flood of new issues to a trickle while share prices tumble, The Wall Street Journal reports.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. MSP Software – DNS Filtering: N-able will integrate DNSFilter into the N-able N-central and RMM software platform. The relationship will provide MSPs with threat protection and content filtering capabilities. N-central support will arrive in Q2 of 2021, with RMM support expected sometime thereafter.
2. MSPs and ServiceNow as a Service: GSI has joined the ServiceNow Service Provider Partner Program, and released a new product offering called GatewayNow. The result: GSI can purchase ServiceNow products and services and operate them in a managed services capacity on behalf of customers, GSI says.
3. Integration – ServiceNow & Data Center Management: Service Express has integrated its data center maintenance platform — called ExpressConnect — with ServiceNow. The integration can “simplify your service with automated alerts, account insights, ticketing integration and more,” the Service Express says.
4. Channel Partner Program – Data Protection: ProLion, a ransomware and data protection solution for ONTAP storage, is actively recruiting channel partners in the United States as it steps up its international expansion. Steve Arlin, VP of sales for the UK, Americas & APAC, is leading the expansion effort. ProLion is based in Austria.
5. Partner Program – WiFi Networks: Cambium Networks, a provider of wireless networking solutions, today announced a partner program focused on healthcare solutions with an ecosystem of benefits including special reseller pricing. The new ConnectedPartner vertical market program, a global program specializing in senior living, assisted care, and healthcare clinics and facilities, has enrolled more than 50 VARs and system integrators since its debut in March 2021.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- ZertoCon 2021 (April 20, Virtual)
- AppSmart Unleash (April 20-21, Virtual)
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Unveiled (April 22, Webcast)
- Red Hat Summit 2021 (April 27-28, Virtual)
- QuoteWerks User Summit 2021 (April 28-30, Virtual)
- Women Transforming Technology Conference (May 3-4, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here