5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 17 January 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 17, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – IT Services and Analytics: Whitney, Bradley & Brown has acquired Decisive Analytics in a deal to add greater engineering and other analytical support service offerings for defense agencies, Washington Technology reports.
2. M&A – Negotiation Mode?: Private equity firm Assurance Global Services is attempting to acquire Computer Task Group (CTG), an IT services provider in Buffalo, New York. But CTG has yet to accept the offer…
3. M&A – IT Solutions & BI Automation: IT solutions provider Astreya is acquiring RelayiQ, a provider of “machine learning-driven solutions for business intelligence automation.”
4. SMB Initiatives: Alibaba.com, the B2B business unit of Alibaba Group, has launched:
- The Alibaba.com U.S. Small and Medium Business (SMB) Confidence Survey
- B2B Tuesday, an awareness initiative to “spotlight, celebrate and support B2B-focused U.S. SMBs.”
No doubt, both moves are designed to raise Alibaba’s visibility against Amazon’s SMB partner efforts.
5. Phishing Tax Scam: AppRiver offered this warning and recommendations.
6. Talent – Google Cloud CRM: Copper has hired NewVoiceMedia veteran Wyndham Hudson as VP of product.
B. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. MSP – Key Partners: AHEAD, an MSP and IT solutions provider that delivers enterprise cloud solutions, has announced its 2020 Partner CID Awards. CID is short for AHEAD’s core values—collaborate, innovate and drive. The honorees are:
- Cisco/AppDynamics – Partners of the Year, Collaboration
- HashiCorp – Partner of the Year, Innovation
- Dell Technologies – Partner of the Year, Drive
3. Partner Program – Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has unveiled the Datadog Partner Network, a channel partner program that features go-to-market collateral; self-service training for implementation; opportunity registration in the Partner Portal; and a partner locator listing. Deniz Tortop, VP of worldwide channels and alliances, is driving the program.
4. Marketplace – Sales Applications: Zendesk has unveiled the Zendesk Marketplace for Sell apps, which allows sales reps to access customer context from various marketing, quoting, storage and invoicing tools directly within the Zendesk Sell interface.
5. Partner Program – Radio Waves: Kleos Space, a space-powered Radio Frequency Reconnaissance data-as-a-service (DaaS) company, has entered into a channel partner and data integrator agreement with UK geospatial intelligence and analysis company Geollect.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- SMB TechFest Q1 (January 22-23, Southern California)
- Avaya Engage 2020 (February 2-5, Phoenix, Arizona)
- IoT Evolution (February 12-14, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.