5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 17 April 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 17, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. SBA PPP Loan Alternatives: Our updated list of options is here.
2. Rackspace IPO Rumors: They’re back…
3. CDW Cash Flow, Acquisition Rumors: CDW says it has ample cash flow and financial resources to survive the coronavirus pandemic. One tipster even claims CDW may be negotiating to acquire Optiv — the major security integrator and Top 200 MSSP owned by private equity firm KKR. We don’t know if the M&A rumor is true. If you’d care to confirm it please email me.
6. AI Regulations: According to the European Union, AI regulations should be based on these five primary requirements:
7. Distribution – Microsoft Cloud: ScanSource has launched Microsoft’s full portfolio of cloud software solutions to its North American channel partners. ScanSource partners can sell licenses for Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
8. Funding – Storage: VAST Data has confirmed $100 million in Series C funding, led by Next47, at a valuation of $1.2B — a near-tripling since the company’s launch in February 2019, the company says.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Rescheduled, Canceled, Postponed or Online Only
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.