Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 16, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
2. Managed IT Services Contract: Global IT consulting firm Wipro has won a multi-year managed services and cybersecurity contract with Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd, a converged communications solutions provider in Malaysia. The deal spans managed hybrid infrastructure, application maintenance, application development and testing services, and cybersecurity. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
3. Cisco Systems – Subscription Software Focus:Cisco’s subscription software revenues have been rising at a 23 percent compound annual growth rate, CEO Chuck Robbins said during the Cisco Investor Day.
4. Talent – Microsoft Cybersecurity Executive: Microsoft has hired former Amazon Web Services (AWS) executive Charlie Bell as executive vice president of cybersecurity operations (CyberOps), reporting directly to CEO Satya Nadella. Bell described his career move to Microsoft in a LinkedIn post.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances & Distribution
1. Talent – Channel Sales Manager: Internet phone service provider Ooma has named Cary Bush as a channel sales manager.
2. Box Emerging Partners Program: The new Box Emerging Partners Program is designed to support “high-growth, enterprise software companies.” Initial partners include Airtable, Coda, Hyperscience, Tray.io and Unqork. The Emerging Partner Program is by invitation only. Box plans to “add a new class of leading companies to the program next year.” Those interested in applying for the program can send email to [email protected].
3. SecureLink Partner Program:SecureLink, which develops a VPN alternative, continues to expand its PartnerLink partner program. Key partners include Cavalry Solutions, Cyber Distribution, and SkyHelm. The ecosystem now spans 38 partners globally, SecureLink says.