5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 16 January 2020
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, January 16, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Kaseya Business Valuation: $2 billion?
2. Reunited: Veeam apparently owns N2WS again.
3. MSP – Anniversary: Agio, a provider of cybersecurity and managed IT services primarily for financial services, as well as the healthcare and payments industries, is celebrating its 10th business anniversary.
4. Talent – IT Channel: Wayside Technology Group, an IT channel company, has promoted Dale Foster to CEO.
5. Talent – IT Solutions Provider: Anexinet has hired Suzanne Lentz as chief marketing officer.
6. Talent – AIOps: Resolve Systems, a provider of enterprise IT automation and AIOps, has promoted Vijay Kurkal to CEO.
7. Talent – Storage: NetApp has hired Lenovo veteran Kim Stevenson as SVP and GM of NetApp’s Foundational Data Services Business Unit (FDSBU).
8. Talent – Cloud-Scale Monitoring: New Relic has hired Adobe veteran Bill Staples as chief product officer. He’ll join the cloud-scale monitoring company on February 14, 2020, reporting directly to CEO Lew Cirne. This is the latest in a list of New Relic executive changes designed to ensure New Relic’s own business aligns more effectively with customers needs.
9. Google Cloud – Enterprise IT Support: Google Cloud has launched premium support for enterprise customers.
10. Expansion: Accenture has opened an intelligent operations center in the Niagara region that serves as the hub for its newly launched intelligent sales and customer operations business, the company says.
B. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Partner Performance Strategy: Details are here…
2. Alliance vs. Salesforce, Oracle: Multiple vendors are uniting to push back against CRM and software giants like Oracle and Salesforce. The Platform of Independents is led by Segment and a group of nine other independent software companies, united to set a new standard for marketing and business technology. The Platform is comprised of Segment, Airship, Amplitude, Drift, Iterable, Mixpanel, Outreach, Pendo, Radar, and Tray.io, as well as over 190 co-signatory companies.
3. Talent – SaaSMAX: Kaspersky Veteran Stephen Orenberg is joining SaaSMAX’s advisory board.
4. Partnership: XenTegra, an MSP, has partnered with CloudJumper to deliver simplified workspace as a service (WaaS) cloud solutions.
5. Unified Channel Management: ZINFI Technologies has launched version 11 of its SaaS platform. The new platform includes applications for through-channel marketing automation (TCMA).
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- SMB TechFest Q1 (January 22-23, Southern California)
- Avaya Engage 2020 (February 2-5, Phoenix, Arizona)
- IoT Evolution (February 12-14, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].