5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 16 April 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 16, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Tech Investments – Thoma Bravo Growth Fund: Private equity firm Thoma Bravo is raising about $3 billion for its first growth fund. The fund will be designed to acquire minority positions in private and publicly traded companies, The Wall Street Journal reports. Thoma Bravo already owns majority and/or minority stakes in such MSP-focused technology companies as Barracuda Networks, ConnectWise, SolarWinds and Sophos, among others.
2. MSPs – Cloud Storage Management: Wasabi has announced Account Control Manager, a centralized management solution for its channel partners. MSPs and Wasabi resellers can automate cloud storage account creation, management, and user billing through the centralized management interface, Wasabi says.
4. Managed Print Services: MPS Monitor, which develops a cloud-based remote monitoring and management (RMM) software platform for printers and multifunctional devices, grew revenue 40 percent in 202. Actual revenue figures were were not disclosed. The Milan, Italy-based company’s platform manages more than 900,000 printing devices worldwide, MPS Monitor says.
5. Partner – SAP on Microsoft Azure Migrations: Microsoft has selected Protera as a Preferred Partner for SAP on Azure Migrations. Protera develops FlexBridge, a migration and management platform that more rapidly moves customers to Azure. Protera is a global SAP partner certified in Hosting, Cloud, Application Management, Global Outsourcing, and SAP HANA Operations Services.
7. Partnership – Video Meetings: Atos and RingCentral have launched Unify Video by RingCentral in Europe. A standalone video with team messaging product, Unify Video is designed to “enhance online meetings and enable people to work smarter and communicate and collaborate from anywhere,” the companies say.
9. AI Solutions: Lenovo outlines its AI (artificial intelligence) solutions push here.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- ZertoCon 2021 (April 20, Virtual)
- AppSmart Unleash (April 20-21, Virtual)
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Unveiled (April 22, Webcast)
- Red Hat Summit 2021 (April 27-28, Virtual)
- QuoteWerks User Summit 2021 (April 28-30, Virtual)
- Women Transforming Technology Conference (May 3-4, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here