5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 14 September 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 14, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Bellini Capital: ConnectWise co-founder Arnie Bellini and his wife, Lauren, have formed Bellini Capital, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reports. The investment firm has formalized a plan to invest $70 million and create 70,000 jobs in the Tampa, Florida, area over a seven-year period. Arnie Bellini also remains a shareholder and advisor to ConnectWise, which private equity firm Thoma Bravo acquired in 2019.
3. Oracle – TikTok — Potential U.S. Partnership?: Oracle beat Microsoft in the battle for the U.S. arm of TikTok with a deal structured as a partnership rather than an outright sale to try to navigate geopolitical tensions between Beijing and Washington, Reuters reports.
4. European Cloud Services: Deutsche Telekom and France’s OVHcloud plan to build a new cloud computing offer for European companies and public sector entities deemed of strategic importance, Reuters reports.
5. Ironic – SEC Investigates Fraud Prevention Company: A Las Vegas company that sells fraud prevention software has begun layoffs and is the subject of a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigation. NS8 CEO Adam Rogas abruptly resigned last week, throwing the company into a tailspin and prompting an internal investigation, Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.
6. Partner Program – Cloud Services: Linode has attracted more than 150 partners since launching a partner program in January 2020. Key partners include managed hosting companies, web development agencies, managed service providers and systems integrators, the company says.
7. Integration – IT Monitoring: Paessler and Flowmon Networks have integrated their solutions to bring together IT monitoring capabilities with AI-powered analysis and advanced security features. For IT specialists using Flowmon together with PRTG, the new integration offers:
- IT monitoring combined with flow analysis to deliver transparency;
- detection of unusual behavior, insider threats and DDoS attacks, monitor firewalls, virus scanners, and backups; and
- monitoring Flowmon with PRTG assures availability based on PRTG’s included failover, the companies say.