5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Friday 13 November 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 13, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
1. M&A – PSA Software: Did Ingram Micro acquire Harmony PSA? Hmmm…
2. Funding – PSA Software Startup: Viking Venture has invested €10 million (US$11.82 million) into TimeLog, a professional services automation (PSA) software startup that services the Nordic and northern European markets. TimeLog plans to hire about 25 employees in 2021, and will eventually expand over time into India and the United States. Moreover, TimelLog is planning to acquire one company per year over the next five years, CEO Per-Henrik Nielsen disclosed in a blog.
5. MSP – ServiceNow Partnership: Fully Managed, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, has achieved ServiceNow ElitePartner Program. Fully Managed helps organizations plan, implement, and manage their ServiceNow solutions.
7. MSP – IT Operations: Infosys has launched a Live Enterprise Application Management Platform — an end-to-end managed services platform for IT operations. The platform, Infosys says, addresses four customer needs.
- Setting up a business command center to act as the digital brain, unifying and analyzing input from disparate IT tools and processes to drive zero-touch, zero-latency IT support and maintenance services
- Probing for insights and root causes of process friction, poor experience and disruptions, to build sentient and seamless experience journeys
- Applying conversational AI and cognitive automation to enable self-service, improve efficiency and reliability of agile operations
- Taking a business process KPI-led view of operations aligned with business objectives
8. MSPs – Cloud Services: Zadara has expanded its portfolio to include compute-as-a-service solutions for MSPs and enterprises. Leveraging a new technology partnership with NeoKarm, Zadara is now positioned to offer its MSP partners and customers the ability to build private cloud environments without traditional CapEx investment. The Zadara Cloud Platform (ZCP) allows MSPs to provision compute, storage and networking resources.
9. Next-Generation MSP Service Desks: Where are MSP service desks and help desks heading next? Perhaps some clues have emerged from Salesforce — which has launched Visual Remote Assistance…
10. Momentum – Data Protection: Veeam Software, backed by private equity firm Insight Partners, grew its annual recurring revenue (ARR) 21 percent year-over-year (YoY) for Q3’20. The data protection provider now supports 400,000+ customers worldwide. Veeam did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures.
11. Partnership – Managed Network Services: BT has launched cloud-optimized managed network services to expand multinational customers’ choice of software-based connectivity solutions, the massive service provider says. The first service, based on VMware SD-WAN, is available to customers globally and already in live deployment, BT adds.
12. Security Certification: A new version of CompTIA Security+, a professional certification for the validation of core cybersecurity skills, is now available.
B. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- Druva DxP: Cloud Data Protection Summit 2020 (November 17)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2020 Virtual (November 30-December 18)
- SAP TechEd 2020 (December 8-10)
- Citrix Summit 2021 (January 12-14)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here