5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 13 June 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 13, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. IT Consulting – Business Spin-Off: Global IT consulting firm Atos is preparing to spin off a business unit, MarketWatch reported. The new entity would remain part of Atos but would have its own management and accounts and would be run independently, French outlet BFM Business reported.
2. Managed Cloud Data Services: We’ll be watching for managed cloud data services & associated managed data security updates at this week’s Snowflake Summit 2022 conference in Las Vegas.
3. Cisco Security Strategy: After announcing a unified security strategy last week at RSA Conference 2022, it’s safe to expect Cisco to provide more details this week during the Cisco Live 2022 conference in Las Vegas. Among the potential developments we’re watching: Where the company is heading next with Cisco Secure MSP — a portal that’s specifically designed for partners…
4. CDW Executive Leadership: CDW has hired Anand Rao as chief marketing and digital officer, and Michael Drory as senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. Both executives report to Sona Chawla, chief growth and innovation officer.
5. Teachers Bet on Private Equity: The Arkansas Teachers’ Retirement System continues to plow millions of dollars into various private equity funds — reinforcing the fact that private equity does have major implications for main stream Americans.
6. Artificial Intelligence – Sentient Bot?: Google suspended an engineer who contended that LaMDA — an artificial-intelligence chatbot the company developed — had become sentient, The Wall Street Journal reported. Google alleges that Blake Lemoine violated the company’s confidentiality policy after Google dismissed Lemoine’s claims.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- Pink22 IT Service Management (ITSM) Conference (June 19-22, Las Vegas)
- Collision 2022 (June 20-23, Toronto)
- Kaseya Connect IT Global (June 20-23, Las Vegas)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2022 (June 21-23, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.