5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 13 July 2020
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 13, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. M&A – SD-WANs: Hewlett Packard Enterprise is acquiring SD-WAN technology provider Silver Peak to counter Aryaka, Cisco Systems, Fortinet, Nuage Networks from Nokia, Versa Networks, and VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud, among others.
2. M&A – Chips: Analog Devices Inc. (ADI) is acquiring Maxim Integrated Products for $21 billion. ADI gains embedded sensor technologies used in multiple vertical markets.
3. Up for Sale: Weyland Tech, a provider of eCommerce, mCommerce, and fintech business enablement solutions, has hired The Benchmark Company, to assist Weyland in the exploration and evaluation of strategic alternatives for enhancing shareholder value. Translation: Weyland is up for sale; bidders wanted.
4. IoT Monitoring and Management: Amazon has released AWS IoT Sitewise…
5. Boomi Implementation Tips: Boomi, a Dell Technologies business, has unveiled Boomi Blueprint. The framework, which helps customers to ensure Boomi implementations are done correctly, is part of Boomi’s Integration Center of Excellence (ICoE) service.
7. Talent – Channel Chief Transitions: Dell Technologies Channel Chief Joyce Mullen is exiting the data center hardware giant on August 14. Separately, VMware Channel Chief Jenni Flinders quietly exited the hybrid cloud software company in June. Here are details about both executive transitions.
8. Talent – MSP Leadership: All Covered President Todd Croteau continues to lead the Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, but is also taking on key global responsibilities for parent Konica Minolta Business Solutions.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences & Virtual Events
- Zenoss Digital Conference (July 16, Virtual Conference)
- Microsoft Inspire Partner Conference (July 21-22, Virtual Conference)
- ASCII IT Success Summit 2020 Canada (July 22-23, Virtual Event)
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2020 (August 4-6, Virtual Conference)
- IoT World 2020 (August 11-13, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- New – Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here.