5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 13 April 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, April 13, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Talent – MSP Software: ScalePad has hired Datto veteran Eric Torres to the newly-created role of VP of channel. Torres will “bolster Managed Service Provider (MSP) growth, success, and maturity advancements by highlighting ScalePad’s proprietary data-backed insights, while further developing and strengthening industry ties,” the announcement said. Stay tuned for more perspectives.
2. M&A Advisor – MSPs: Cogent Growth Partners (CGP), a buy-side M&A advisor assisted LeadingIT on its acquisition of Dura-Tech Enterprises. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
3. M&A – SaaS Billing Management: SaaSOptics and Chargify have merged to form Maxio. The merged business will “provide all-in-one revenue management and advanced subscription billing solutions for high-growth software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies,” the companies said.
4. IT Services Revenue: Infosys revenues were $16.3 billion in the latest quarter, up 19.7% in constant currency compared to the corresponding quarter last year. Still, Infosys stock dropped about 4% amid concerns about potential slowing growth.
5. Cloud Distribution – UCaaS: Intelisys, a ScanSource company, has agreed to distribute Intermedia’s Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) solutions. Meanwhile, Intermedia has been exploring a potential IPO for at least a year…
6. Sungard Files for Bankruptcy (Again): Sungard has filed for bankruptcy for the second time in three years…
7. Executive Leadership – MSP Data Protection: Axcient has promoted Ben Nowacky to chief product officer (CPO).
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Robin Robins Boot Camp 2022 (April 19-22, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Dell Technologies World 2022 (May 2-5, Las Vegas)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- IBM Think 2022 (May 10-11)
- ServiceNow Knowledge 2022 (May 11-12, New York and The Netherlands)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.